Last week [May 4 2007], the IPSAH English Department had organized a three-day course at Pangkor Island. All the English Department lecturer
s, Cohort 5 students and a few of Cohort 3 students have participated in the course. It is acting and directing course which mark a wonderful time for me as I had experienced many defining moments during the course is being held. We start the trip around 8.30 in the morning by bus to the jetty. As at the jetty we have to take the ferry to be at the island. The journey from the water takes about 45 minutes. Then we take the tourist van to the resort where the course is held.
On the journey I had witnessed things that I had never even had an inkling of before. The scenery is as dramatic as I was on an island. It just makes me stop and just gaze in wonderment. As I arrived at the resort I felt very happy as the people there are welcoming, considerate and very friendly with us. I cannot fully explain all that I had experienced and viewed but I have subsequently admitted that I had not in fact ‘seen it all’. There is so much more about nature and it is all about appreciation. My trip to Pangkor has changed my outlook, has furthered my education in life, has removed my scepticism and has brought out in me emotions which have been held in for too long.
I was not sure what to expect when I decided to do this trip but it really blew my mind away. Finally realising that I was there and this was really happening. Listening to the briefing and thinking what have I let myself in for. Seeing that, this the first time I have to understanding of how to start it on acting and directing. We had our first session there with a simple sketch. However, I realized that this trip goes down as one of the 'must do' things for everyone to attempt at least once in their lifetime. Eventually, as I comprehend that success is down to just one person's vision and enthusiasm which is one’s interest that in making it all happen.
There were also facilitators from the ASWARA acting academy who had guided us about the acting and mostly in directing. I really had fun and exciting moments with all the activities that held by them and it was really a learning process for me.
Short journey to Pangkor Island was an experience on its own. Several life chaotic moments on this journey but I still caught myself smiling as I really enjoying it. Somehow, everything has its own meaning and at the same time it made sense. From that moment on, every single minute of the rally was a memory on its own especially the people I have met and the marvellous scenery. It will be silly to try to put every single day in words because it just can't. I have tried to tell the story to my friends and family but somehow it sounded just like any other courses that they had attended. I do not know, maybe I did not tell it right or it is just that you cannot tell this sort of experience unless you have actually been there and done it.
Many thanks to all the participants, lecturers, the facilitators and the entire team for a truly amazing experience in Pangkor Island. Everything flowed so smoothly that I can only guess at all the work put in behind the scenes by the collaboration of teamwork among us. The bonding between all the participants, lecturers and the facilitators was unbelievable. You will never know what you are missing if you do not go on one of these trips, but if you do you will and have the memories that etched in your heart for life. Finally, there is a huge sense of relief after getting back in one piece after the trip.
we had a blast.... i mean the whole trip..
No comments:
Post a Comment